Firebase’s side-scrolling shooter Orbitron: Revolution has turned up on the personal computer format, over here. It’s a fine-looking piece of retromancy, although I am have been playing it and am not fully convinced. While the pace of the Defender-meets-Uridium-on-a-ring sort of play is excellently paced and suitable explody, I found the visuals a bit tricky to read. Perhaps it’s down to the game being more slanted towards TV play than Jim’s-face-in-monitor play, but I found myself losing track of what was going on from time to time. That said, I am rubbish at retro-styled shooters, so perhaps the talents of those humans with brains attuned to side-scrolling will have a better time. Update: It’s also on Impulse.
Posts Tagged ‘Firebase’
By Jim Rossignol on March 15th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- MarcP : “Oh, for deity's sake. People get offended about anything here. I'm not saying top down perspectives make for bad games. Those were two distinct criterias.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- HisDivineOrder : “I'm less interested in the game's release and MORE interested in "how it went wrong" with Microsoft. Other than, y'know, being related to Windows 8. ...” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- Doomsayer : “Just for you, I promise that on the day HL3 is announced I will be there to ask about the silence regarding HL4.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- BarneyL : “It's called Zombie Driver. The game is pretty fun and worth the price as it's usually only £1 or so during steam sales.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- wengart : “On the other hand is was a damn fun game. and that bit is pretty easy to ignore.” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number