Pity the simulated citizens who will live in SimCity, the reboot of the franchise of the same name, due from the god-game guys at Maxis sometime in 2013. No easy life for them, no appearing as if by magic on the streets of your town and scurrying back and forth between the busy districts of the day. No – instead, life will be a precarious crap-shoot of existential uncertainty, in which no satisfaction, however small, may be taken for granted, and no need may ever be filled in more than momentary fashion. And, as if it need be said, in the game.
Posts Tagged ‘first look’
By Mark Wallace on March 28th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Deano2099 : “There's a trade off though. Steam selling games really cheaply. That sort of crazy fire-sale pricing didn't used to happen with PC games, and you ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- aircool : “I'd assume Microsoft's vice like grip is to kill off the second hand market, which makes retailers lots of cash for practically nothing, and bugger ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- rapter200 : “Having bought the game back when rps first did an article on it (or around that time) I have to say I love each time ...” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- Screwie : “The $30 and $50 versions do at least come with 1000 and 2000 store points respectively, which takes roughly 20-25% back off the price. I ...” on Eagle Punch! D&D Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy
- Ergates_Antius : “I'd suggest that the "average" gamer doesn't make a fuss about this because it doesnt really have any material impact on them and never will. ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature