I came, I saw, and I think I conquered Foam. I mean, I did things until – after an hour or so – it ended, anyway. What’d I do, though? Well, I walked to a place, and I walked to another place. Then a door opened in my home, and I’m fairly sure that broke reality. Honestly, though, if most trippy pieces of entertainment are stomach-lurching descents into madness, Foam is more of a gradual down slope – perhaps aided by a harness and a parachute. One moment, I was strolling through a forest, and the next, I was talking to some kind of moon-obsessed mad scientist man. And that, I assure you, is just the beginning. Even the increasingly bizarro adventure’s central mechanic doesn’t really make itself apparent until about 15 or 20 minutes in. So yeah, Foam’s really different. I do have some qualms with it, though.
Posts Tagged ‘Foam’
By Nathan Grayson on June 14th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- faelnor : “And Bioshock Infinite is a bad game.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Noodlefighter : “I'd like to see these kickstarter games you're talking about. Why? Adhesive games and both piranha games want single player in their mech games and ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Low Life : “Uh, there are no QTEs in Bioshock Infinite.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- KDR_11k : “Prone mechs are kinda silly since you could just replace the limbs with wheels then or make them quadrupeds. Humans go prone because we walk ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- KDR_11k : “To be fair most mech games tend to approach FPS gameplay with a few extra gauges. Since the line is so blurred I consider Section ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player