You might recall that GamersGate have been teasing the release of their FreeGames service, which apparently offers a service of uh free games in exchange for you being explosed to some advertising. I had a chat with GG’s Theodore Bergquist about some of the details, and you can find that chat below.
This way for explanatory chat »
Posts Tagged ‘FreeGames’
By Jim Rossignol on June 14th, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on June 9th, 2011.
So here’s an interesting thing. GamersGate are soon going to be launching an ad-support free gaming service. Details are sketchy at the moment, but there’s a big old timer counting down on their site, and a registration form for the beta on the same page. The blurb says: “GamersGate, the premier digital distribution service for games, today announced the launch of FreeGames, a free-to-play ad supported platform for PC and Mac games. FreeGames allows users to play and enjoy both PC and Mac titles free of charge after watching a short advertisement at the launch of the game. Gamers will be able to have up to five games available for free on their account at any time with the capability to add additional games.”
Hmm! I’ll drop them a line and find out exactly what they’re up to.
Respond to our gibber
- Barberetti : “Wow, that trailer (and the WiT) have made me interested in playing a FPS for the first time in years. Congrats Techland, you've got my ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- MrThingy : “Wheeeee. I got bronze for humour, which is probably more than the game deserved by a long shot! :P "Be The Wind" ( http://www.ludum~ ) ...” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners
- gogozombie : “I bought and have been playing this game. It has a long way to go, but it has also come a long way. I wish ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update
- Jason Moyer : “Sombitch that looks good.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Wret : “I've been playing. Still has stability issues though which hampers my enthusiasm abit. However the LARGE and MYTHICAL engine update/upgrade/"~ of some sort" that is ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update