Whenever I watch Hawken footage, I need a bit of time alone afterwards to lie down and stop the room from spinning. Everything shakes in Adhesive’s mech-on-mech FPS. Even the crosshairs judder in combat. I wish the bolts were a little bit tighter. While it’s immersive, the localised earthquakes on feet seem to be engineered by evil dentists, intent on cracking the teeth of the drivers. I’ll bet there’s an option to auto-pilot the things right to a dentist’s office for a mid-battle fixer-upper. That’s the only explanation I’m considering, so don’t fill the comments with alternatives after watching the video below, as there’s almost no chance of me paying any heed to silly theories not based on the history of evil dentistry.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Friday is Mech day’
By Craig Pearson on March 2nd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- 手機殼 : “手機殼... Just to allow you know your website seems a little bit strange on Firefox on my netbook utilizing Linux ....” on As Narbacular Drop Is to Portal
- ResonanceCascade : “No one ever said they were anything else, so I'm not sure who you'd be arguing with.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- JackShandy : “I too am disappointed that more people haven't lost their jobs for making games I dislike.” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- GrantNZ : “Oh that's a cute piece of obtuse advice, right?” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- JackShandy : “We explored different design ideas. We put a bunch of possibilities together, like maybe an open-world game where you shoot people, or a straight-up single-player ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare