Magrunner Dark Pulse is one of my favourite crowd-sourcing pitches: a first-person puzzler set in the future, only with Cthulhu Mythos. They explain: “In the near future of 2050, a handful of brilliant young citizens are chosen by the Gruckezber Corporation to enter the Magtech deep space exploration training program. What begins as the opportunity of a lifetime soon descends into madness and cosmic horror!” So it’s Lovecraft vs Portal. Yeah. Anyway, it’s been a while since we heard from them – the project was funded last summer – but now they’ve sent word that they’ve launched a shiny new website, complete with a devblog which will apparently be regularly updated with information about the project. Expect more information soon, via the magical medium of an RPS interview. In the meantime, there’s a glimpse of gameplay footage here.
Posts Tagged ‘Frogware’
By Jim Rossignol on April 12th, 2013.
By Kieron Gillen on May 31st, 2008.
The 600Mb-and-a-bit Dracula: Origin Demo attracts my attention this morning on Gamers Hell, if only because of a splendid title line: “Can you imagine what it feels to be an immortal vampire, to love and hate eternally?”. Well, we’re not sure about the immortal vampire bit, but Alec especialy is well up to speed on the hate eternally thing. Not so sure about the love, as it sounds like it may involve hand holding and smelly girls, and we despise all forms of human intimacy. Anyway – haven’t had a chance to play the point and click adventure yet, but there’s a trailer out beneath the cut, along with one of those second-by-second breakdown things.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Low Life : “Uh, there are no QTEs in Bioshock Infinite.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- KDR_11k : “Prone mechs are kinda silly since you could just replace the limbs with wheels then or make them quadrupeds. Humans go prone because we walk ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- KDR_11k : “To be fair most mech games tend to approach FPS gameplay with a few extra gauges. Since the line is so blurred I consider Section ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- TheBigBookOfTerror : “Mentioning Heavy Gears just makes me think of the game that shared its engine, Interstate 76. Ah, those lovely curved roads and rolling hills. Best ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Philomelle : “What it means is that you're not ragging it for the sake of maintaining a very tired running joke the way RPS writers seem to ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision