I was sat on a beach on Zanzibar this summer, watching a lunar eclipse. The moon’s light dimmed and winked out, the sky filled with stars and I could see the edge of the Milky Way. As spectacular as the view was, my mind briefly turned to Elite II: Frontier, when I was up there in those stars, hunting and hauling. I wanted to be back. I’ve found out how. Pioneer is free sort-of remake of the classic space sim. Every time I load it up it *feels* like the game I lost months to, but the development team aren’t stopping at a perfect recreation: this is Frontier being reborn. I chatted to some of them, a group of passionate fans spread all over the globe, about how you build a universe.
Posts Tagged ‘Frontier: Elite II’
By Craig Pearson on December 6th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- sophof : “Ethics are not laws of nature nor are they set in stone, as human history has obviously showed. Calling someone ethically wrong really doesn't enhance ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Gap Gen : “I'm still not sure what you're defining as freedom, so there's a limit to how I can reply. However, your specific case about choice to ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Ross Angus : “Delicious, fizzy, ginger patriotism.” on Toy Story: Plush’s Trailer Is Strangely Sinister
- lijenstina : “Actually windows is loosing sales to Linux everywhere apart from desktop PC. Mobile, tablet and server. Linux has it's fair share of problems on desktop, ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Antonius : “DAKKADAKKADAKKAD~” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon