All that movement chatter brought to light that classic Quake 3 mod Urban Terror is now Urban Terror HD. It seems that the game, which I believe has been a kind of standalone mod for a couple of years now, thanks to ioquake3, will become a standalone Quake 3-licencee in its own right. It will however remain free-to-play and is going to continue to develop as a free shooter support Windows, Mac and Linux variants. Good news, I think, as this is a minor manshoot classic. The installers are over here.
Posts Tagged ‘Frozen Sand’
By Jim Rossignol on November 30th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Mman : “"So it’s original and based on a couple hundred books and films and comics?" I don't recall saying anything about Metro being original when compared ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- JKjoker : “i hope they keep the Joker out of this game, he always steals the show and after two games i need a rest from him” on Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer Still Shows No Game
- defunct : “Just disappointed that people that have made money with these exploits will be soon allowed back into the game to further corrupt the system. This ...” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time
- SimulatedMan : “It is still the best (tied with Dark Souls) because it has some idea of footwork. Very few games seem to understand that swinging a ...” on Heads A Lopping: Shadow Warrior Teaser
- Malibu Stacey : “For one it’s single-player so you go at your own speed. You don’t have to worry about teammates or other players at all and if ...” on The Sunday Papers