This wonderful 1958 video, in addition making me wish there was a game that used that art style, reminded me of the idea of “futures lost” within gaming. A few years ago I wrote an article for The Escapist that grazed that issue, without ever capturing it. Consequently I was inspired to update and modify the piece for RPS. Read on, and then perhaps share some of your own thoughts on the subjects of both the games that educated you, and the games that gave you hopes for the future.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘futures lost’
By Jim Rossignol on March 18th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- All is Well : “I know, right? I mean, how could you not?” on Stealth Badgers: The Full Shelter Trailer
- vanosofmanos : “Tragic fall from grace? In the 40K universe? Isn't that nearly major character ever? Though, Eisenhorn probably wins the prize for potentially most epic personal ...” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon
- Dominic White : “Apparently City of Heroes was still turning a respectable profit when they shut it down, so they lost both money AND goodwill. Explain how that ...” on Guild Wars 1 Development To Be Halted, Automated
- Nicodemus Rexx : “Considering the context of this game, I did in fact find the wildfire right there at the end horribly traumatic...” on Stealth Badgers: The Full Shelter Trailer
- Fluka : “Pre-hawk: This looks great! The art direction is lovely, and focusing a game mechanic around a mother defending and caring for her young is a ...” on Stealth Badgers: The Full Shelter Trailer