Can this really be the first game called Star Conflict? The ten seconds of research I applied to the question suggests that it is. Amazing. Anyway, this space combat game from Gaijin is looking interesting. It’s a Russian MMO heading to the west, and it sits roughly along the lines of World Of Tanks or Mechwarrior Online, only this time you’re a space pilot with a big old spaceship full of lasers. So it’s team-based rounds of fighting, with resource-spending and tinkering in the intermissions. The pace of it (at least judging by the gameplay footage I’ve found, some of which you can see below) seems fairly sedate compared to the whizzy zero-G kung fun we’re used to from space games. I understand it’s more of a game of positioning and loadout tactics than reaction time and flight skill, but I can see why that would appeal to a few players. #oldmen
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Gaijin Entertainment’
By Jim Rossignol on April 15th, 2013.
By John Walker on August 25th, 2011.
Oh this could get awkward. Wargaming.net recently announced World Of Warplanes to join World Of Tanks and the forthcoming World Of Battleships. But it seems another MMO already had a very similar idea. The imaginatively titled World Of Planes from Gaijin Entertainment was first announced in April, and has a debut trailer out today. In a world where you can’t have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Scrolls without trouble, I’m impressed that this one hasn’t kicked off yet. (Let alone Blizzard getting involved.) Also, World Of Planes’ trailer is pretty.
Respond to our gibber
- HumpX : “Not sure if this was mentioned but the game is being developed by both fans of, and one of the developers for the old school ...” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- Furiosa : “So many people seem to recommend MechJeb for whatever reason. I would definitely suggest away from it even if anyone is having trouble flying or ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- Pray For Death : “Well, guess what, this game is actually already available on iOS. Though the PC version looks way more fleshed out judging by that trailer.” on What Did You Get Up To: Last Knight
- mgd26 : “Ty! Part of me thought they were losing those skills. Is it a strictly random chance to gain a skill through play?” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- Astrosaur : “This isn't a new concept. Shadow Physics and Perspective have already covered this. The dev's of Shadow Physics gave up because there wasn't enough there ...” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows