I’ve had a quick game of Endgame: Syria, a game that came to my attention after being rejected by Apple for the app store because it dares to include decisions about a real world conflict. There are no such restrictions on the PC, obviously. Apple are queasy about any game that “solely target a specific race, culture, a real government or corporation, or any other real entity”, which is basically the remit of developers Auroch Digital. They’ve been making news-based games over at GameTheNews for a few months now, rapidly prototyping games that deal with world events. In this case, Endgame: Syria is about the unfolding horror in Syria.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘gamethenews’
By Craig Pearson on January 8th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Mister_Inveigler : “Sounds unpleasant. I feel ashamed to say that I've never played Baldur's Gate when I was a kid. I think I'll remedy that with the ...” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- lowprices : “If you saw it, then be sure to keep a log of the fact.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- Vandelay : “Heavy: Nom Nom Nom Scout: Bonk!” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover
- maximiZe : “Nothing about this game is unique.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- borut : “Because of the expense of releasing this content as DLC for all previous Microsoft platforms, as well as current market conditions, we’ve decided to focus ...” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny