It feels like it was only, ooh, 1 month and 24 days since we last risked our collective sanity. We stared into the cold, shark-like eyes of the technological advancement of NvIdIa’S FaceWorks and lived. But at what cost? Back then, we were given a peep into the future of GraphicsFace with Digital Ira, a sadly uninteractive demonstration of what gamefaces will be like in the future. It looked impressive, but with the caveat that it was shown on stage and running on a Titan, Nvidia’s mahoosive card of graphics. Well the tech monolith has just released the demonstration for everyone to play with. If you fancy making a high-fidelity head gurn, then your fetish is well catered for.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘graphicsface’
By Craig Pearson on May 13th, 2013.
By Craig Pearson on March 20th, 2013.
Faces are everywhere in games. NVIDIA noticed this and has been on a 20-year odyssey to make faces more facey and less unfacey (while making boobs less booby, if you’ll remember the elf-lady Dawn). Every few years they push out more facey and less unfacey face tech and make it gurn for our fetishistic graphicsface pleasure. Last night at NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference, NVIDIA founder Jen-Hsun Huang showed off Face Works, the latest iteration. Want to see how less unfacey games faces can be?
Respond to our gibber
- Runs With Foxes : “"people like you" People who want to hear something, anything, about a game they're looking forward to? Yeah what assholes. It's been 9 years since ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Shadowcat : “Was it just me, or was there no first-person footage at all in that trailer for what is supposedly a first-person shooter? I saw the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- Shadowcat : “Yes, qrth-phyl is very nice. Unpronounceable, but it plays beautifully, and has a good number of tricks up its sleeve. It's a snake game, but ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Vorphalack : “''a guy who has absolutely no interest in anything Half Life.'' Looks like we found a deviant, lads. Get the tar and feathers.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- misterT0AST : “For example at the moment Valve are working on Dota 2 for me, a guy who has absolutely no interest in anything Half Life. Am ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update