Boasting a Quake/Unreal sort of pace, Grim, by MorePolygons, is looking like my sort of thing. Much of the FPS stuff is familiarly run-and-frag, but it also allows crazy jumping, as they explain: “One of our unique mechanics (as seen in the video) is Leap, allowing you to quickly move around the level and escape enemy fire, or jump right into the action.” You can see some of that going on in the video below, and it’s mighty fine. They’ve also got an interesting assault-variant game mode, which you can read about over on their site.
Posts Tagged ‘Grim’
By Jim Rossignol on July 5th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Kitsunin : “Aww what? I can kind of respect the idea, but it's a bit pointless if it's not something you're ever actually going to see at ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- whiskey9 : “Look this is all nice to say that you don't support violence. None of us support violence and yet there are situations where violence is ...” on Telltale On Wolf Among Us, Following The Walking Dead
- Mario Figueiredo : “Thanking mod makers is like thanking a welder for welding; It's always a nice thing to say, but really not that necessary. We get our ...” on The Sunday Papers
- mont3core : “Thank you! SS2 is a mind blowing game that was far ahead of its time, and probably far ahead of our time. Sure it takes ...” on On Difficulty: A Few Hours With System Shock 2
- Arglebargle : “There's probably a happy medium somewhere in there. I have been in situations where my character would know things that I, the player, have forgotten. ...” on The Sunday Papers