Gun Game, which my brain has decided now needs to be sung along to the Duck Tales theme tune, is crouch-walking into the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta. On Friday, Valve added the first Arsenal: Demolition map de_lake, a game mode that reverses the ever-increasing returns of the original GG. When you start the match, you’re given a rifle: if you get a kill with it that round, the next round you’ll receive a weaker weapon. After five rounds CTs and Terrorists swap over. It includes the traditional Terrorist/Counter Terrorists defusal dance, and for every additional kill you’ll receive more equipment in the next round. It’s like someone’s accidentally tumble-dried Counter-Strike and it’s come out all dizzy and tried to explain its own mechanics. I can’t wait for Talk Game, where you attempt to negotiate demands: I did just attempt to negotiate a doughnut drop for me and my fellow Ts, but the response was rather anatomical and descriptive. While I call my mother to make sure he didn’t follow through, here’s a video showing it all in action.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Gun Game’
By Craig Pearson on March 12th, 2012.
By John Walker on September 22nd, 2011.
Valve are a canny bunch. They know that remaking Counter-Strike is sure to be met by cries of “THIS PIXEL IS ONE NANOMETRE TOO FAR TO THE LEFT!” So it makes good sense for them to look at the best mods that have created the largest audiences, and work them into the new version of the game. So it is that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature an “Arsenal Mode”, based on the CS: Source mod, Gun Game. Oh, and we have nine brand new images of the game.
Respond to our gibber
- Eclipse : “You have Windows 8 right? I know it's retarded but if you do, I had your very same problem: you have to install the version ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- eokbloguc2 : “10... I would like to comprehend when you write this article is what kind of mood, why would you write this article, also written so ...” on Ways To Conceal The Emptiness of Existence
- frightlever : “I really like Defiance. Don't really understand the comparisons with Firefly. Firefly was great, but it's a very different show to Defiance. The politicking in ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- baldosa : “"Oh man, I've kill a spy with ONE SHOT of my pistol. I'm the best" - Scout Is really easy to kill a spy with ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Koozer : “Counter-points incoming! The scientific thing is to assume we're insignificant on the grand scale of the Universe, but it is still possible if unlikely that ...” on The Sunday Papers