Bulgarian studio Masthead didn’t have a lot of luck with their ultra-ambitious MMO, Earthrise (which was a wonky attempt a free-roaming sci-fi shooter MMO, with elements from Eve and Tabula Rasa), which sadly closed earlier in the year. They’ve got a second shake of the stick though, and that’s going to be a free-to-play shooter called Guns & Robots. The forthcoming game is all about robot customisation (which is detailed in an video you can watch below) which offers a vast range of possibilities for tweaking and altering your bot. It’s got a Wild West setting to it, so that wandering robot gunfighters will be facing each other down at high noon. It might just work. I’ve also posted the concept teaser below, for your perusal.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Guns& Robots’
By Jim Rossignol on October 3rd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Don Reba : “Really, any time anyone does not pay me money for any reason, an injustice is done. I certainly deserve to be paid for whatever it ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Blackseraph : “This is called first sale doctrine, which you really should look up. http://en.wikipe~ Basically you are wrong here, there really is nothing more to this.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- waltC : “Good article!--even though it is hyperbolic and exaggerated and full of insipid examples, and a few lines here and there are tortured prose, the central ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Shooop : “The problem is how do you work a system where you can share copies of digital goods and ensure the people who make those goods ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- GH Moose : “Nobody has forgotten their rights. Their rights were in full force when the product was purchased. But you're purchasing a product. Yes, they're trying to ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature