I’m not sure where indie developers are getting their temerity from, but 2Dawn’s Ravaged is slotting into the space that Hawken occupies: ridiculously attractive online shooters that look like they’ve been made on a massive budget. Ravaged has touches of a post-apocalyptic Battlefield to it: vehicular combat across really big maps. From the ground to the sky, there’s a lot to admire: the vehicle handling looks fun and complex, and I want to fire those guns right now. I also like a developer willing to keep a Steam Friends notification in their video. It’s a moment that speaks to the gamer in all of us.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘gyrocopter’
By Craig Pearson on February 14th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Ninja Dodo : “I suppose. Maybe I'm giving the original game too much credit, but it was a lot of fun at the time.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- cunningmunki : “hey that's not fair, we never had guns in the first place!” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- sleepisthebrotherofdeath : “Well, I'm glad I never bothered buying this earlier. Waiting for humble bundles are the new waiting for steam sales.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- kwyjibo : “No idea why they didn't make American Nightmare a beat the average, they'd have made a lot more money.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- JToTheDog : “http://www.youtu~” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon