There are a few Half-Life 2 mods that basically constitute The Further Adventures of Gordon Freeman. Sometimes these isolated chapters make me want to dive headfirst back into the unfinished trilogy, and sometimes they’re just a reminder of what Source did well. Other times, though, they manage to articulate More Half-Life 2 while at the same time having a strong whiff of first-order originality, served with their own own flourishes of design brilliance. Minerva was one such outing, and Mission Improbable is another.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Half Life 2: Episode 2’
By Jim Rossignol on August 7th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Elevory : “I'm actually quite fond of the sprinting/melee mechanism. For whatever reason, it comes across as intuitive to my mind. What bothers me, however, are the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- PikaBot : “And without Valve providing the platform and audience for them, the time they spent on it would net them exactly zero dollars. Thirty percent is ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- TwwIX : “The show is decent but the game is pretty fucking lackluster and lacks any cohesive structure or meaningful content. It's hardly an MMO. It's a ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- David Bliff : “What don't you like? It's not the easiest thing to learn but I think the game is incredibly compelling.” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- David Bliff : “Confirmed: Reus is amazing. It's definitely deeper and a little less approachable than other recent god games like From Dust. But it really is more ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play