Way back in time, when the world was in 8-bit and we all paid for our cholera gruel with children’s teeth, Valve were working on Half-Life. It wasn’t very good, and Valve took the decision to rewrite most of the game. Somewhere in the multiverse there’s a universe where that version of Half-Life was released. The first difference between universes is that the 1997 alpha wasn’t improved. Valve and Steam are no more, and SiN is the game we all remember fondly. Games For Windows Live is the main digital distribution channel. We clearly have the better universe, but if you want a glimpse into the world that could have been, then I have videos of the original Half-Life alpha for you.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Half-Life Alpha’
By Craig Pearson on January 9th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- moocow : “Video games.” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Trillby : “Didn't you realise that anything that makes you feel anything apart from a bland and monotone acceptance of the inevitatbility of the worthlessness of life ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- grechzoo : “please, i hate shooters. to the moon is a great counter example to the walking dead. it is an emotional story, told with care, and ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Bo Steed : “There's something about an Indiana Jones lookalike named "Agent McLovin" fleeing from zombies that amuses me.” on Roguelikeboardgamelike: Cryptic Comet’s Occult Chronicles
- JoeX111 : “Left Four Dead. Or, in an ironic twist: Left For Dead. Edit: Someone beat me to it.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush