Last time we talked about Antichamber it was called Hazard: The Journey of Life, which means we’ve never specifically talked about Antichamber. Hazard was a non-commercial Unreal mod whereas Antichamber is a UDK-developed game that should be out before the end of the year. It’s a first person puzzler, or a “mind-bending psychological exploration game”, with a striking art style. The version shown off at PAX this week appears to be close to finished. For those of us who’ve been following development for the last couple of years, this is all rather exciting. Why? Stay a while and listen.
Posts Tagged ‘Hazard: The Journey Of Life’
By Adam Smith on August 30th, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on September 25th, 2009.
“Philosophical First Person Single Player Exploration Puzzle Art Game,” apparently. I spotted Hazard: The Journey Of Life over on Indiegames, but I haven’t had time to get it working yet. The video (below) is definitely worth checking out though, as this minimal Unreal Tournament 3 mod has a fascinating minimalistc presentation and promises some strange-looking puzzles. (More fodder for the first-person puzzle camp.) It seems to be a work in progress as the mod only runs at 800×600 and requires some batch-file fiddling to get working, as explained in the readme. (Which also instructs you to read itself…) Anyway, worth taking a look.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Xyvik : “BS. 30% is more than competitive. I am an indie author and after spending entire -years- of my life making books I can still only ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Pliqu3011 : “What are these “balancing issues” everyone is talking about? I still find the game perfectly balanced, it just allows for different playstyles. Think of the ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- jrodman : “Speaking only for myself it sounded like it had some kind of suspense vibe, which I always avoid.” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Pliqu3011 : “@Stupoider Then play on a stock weapons/no hats server. Done.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Elevory : “I'm actually quite fond of the sprinting/melee mechanism. For whatever reason, it comes across as intuitive to my mind. What bothers me, however, are the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play