I’ve been having a bit of a play of one of 2009′s big IGF games, Osmos. The peculiar cell-based ambient puzzler is due for release very soon, so I thought it might be an idea to post a few impressions, and let you guys have a look at the trailer, which is exclusive to RPS. (For now, at least.) Go take a look.
Posts Tagged ‘hemisphere games’
By Jim Rossignol on August 6th, 2009.
By Jim Rossignol on January 22nd, 2009.
I just noticed that Hemisphere Games have an alpha demo up for their IGF 2009 Seumas McNally Grand Prize nominated ambient puzzler, Osmos. The 7mb installer is here. It’s a game of cellular absorption, in which your self-propelled blob must absorb those smaller than itself to progress, while avoiding being absorbed itself. The trick is not to lose too much matter as your propel yourself. The resulting puzzle game is astonishingly soothing.
Trailer after the click.
Respond to our gibber
- Gap Gen : “Man, I remember the days before cats developed a form of pidgin English and began demanding human food. Back when the internet was powered by ...” on Heads A Lopping: Shadow Warrior Teaser
- Jinnigan : “In addition to the Day 1 DLC being basically strongarmed out of them by retail suppliers, I want to note that manually putting ranger mode ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- makute : “http://lmgtfy.co~ *ducks*” on GameFace: Valve’s AR Goggles Surface Elsewhere
- Berzee : “That's fine if it's true, but it also means that Nidhogg shouldn't get coverage on a website about games that you can play on your ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- killias2 : “You can be critical, but this is almost certainly supposed to follow Syndicate Wars. It was released in 1996, Mike Diskette was Lead on it, ...” on In Dream Kickstarter Nostalgia Hype MegaNews…