NetDevil have had an interesting journey. They’re a privately owned, Colorado-based company that started out by making a niche space-combat MMO, Jumpgate, in 2001. They then went on to create the disastrous post-apocalyptic vehicle combat MMO Auto Assault in 2006 – a game so unpopular that it was switched off just over a year after release by owners NCSoft. Now NetDevil are back on track and working on two projects: a remake of their original MMO, JumpGate Evolution, and the LEGO Universe MMO. Both are looking extremely promising, but in this interview with executive producer Hermann Peterscheck we focus on lessons learned from the failure of Auto Assault, and what we can expect from this second attempt at Jumpgate.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘hermann peterscheck’
By Jim Rossignol on April 9th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- F3ck : “I enjoyed the last Alice game enough (which included the first game, but haven't gotten to play) about as much as I enjoyed the actual ...” on Off To Eat Some Innards: American McGee’s OZombies
- The Hairy Bear : “I actually dug out my password to disagree. There are definitely places like London on Board where people rock up and 'try' board games and ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- frakk3d : “I hate to be a spelling Nazi but no one else has so here goes: it's actually grisly not grizzly. The first means something horrific ...” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- Snids : “....” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Luckz : “As far as videogames go, that sounds like an astonishingly terrible one.” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter