When games get more complex, the notion of balance disappears over the horizon. Swallowed in a writing sea of stats and players, while the developers struggle to keep their ship afloat. Then scurvy comes along and they’re eventually eaten by a whale! Hmm, that analogy got out of hand. Ironfell, a (deep breath) one-man made free MMO strategy game has an interesting idea about balance: it says “phooey”, and hands out resources according to how much you play. The more you’re there, the more you get to help your attempt at world domination. Not a gold-farmer? You can just buy some.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘hex’
By Craig Pearson on January 17th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- golem09 : “And again, Bulletstorm does register on Origin too ;) I've been enjoying that quite a bit (more than I expected) yesterday. Best shooter for years, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- PragmaticStatistic : “I got a score of 12,313 with GeoGuessr. With all my Google Map making skills used in finding ambiguous locations for the 130 Google maps ...” on There Goes Your Entire Day: GeoGuessr
- DrScuttles : “At least then I could justify the little plastic toys standing around on my desk. Or not actually, as I have no intention of buying ...” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- MadMatty : “I love him too” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- MadMatty : “....wait, of Persia?” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest