We caught up with Hilmar Pétursson, CEO, and David Reid, CMO, of CCP to talk about Eve Online, Dust 514, the Tranquility super-computer’s consciousness, MMORPG saturation, CCP as a cloud-gaming platform, World of Darkness, and Eve’s future potential as a gestalt societal consciousness.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Hilmar Pétursson’
By Dan Griliopoulos on February 26th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on October 21st, 2011.
Speaking to Eurogamer, CCP CEO Hilmar Pétursson has explained a bit about what’s been going on with the Icelandic MMO company: “the message is that we have heard you and we are now taking action to be more aligned with the needs of Eve Online. As a company, we’ve been trying to achieve many things and it was just too much to do at the same time. Eve Online has hurt for it.” He also spoke about the layoffs, saying: “A lot of great people are leaving the company through this process, famous or otherwise. The people who are recognised members of the community get more of a spotlight but there are a lot of people leaving CCP at this juncture.”
Meanwhile, CCP’s Kristoffer Touborg has been talking to Gamespot, where he said: “I think designing a new subscription-based game is a flawed strategy, because you are basically competing with free.” He also called it a “trend”, and I would be surprised if companies didn’t find a way to bring subscriptions back. Interesting, anyway.
Respond to our gibber
- buzzmong : “Outwars. Oh my, so good, yet so hard. I went back to play it a couple of years back, couldn't get past the 3rd or ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- MadScientist22 : “The game and the concept seem extremely promising. I feel it's struggling though because of how different it is. It's obviously Minecraft-inspir~ but it doesn't ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- sh0v0r : “The fins are 'rail guides' and the missile contains a sophisticated gyro to steer its rotational inertia... :P” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- Simburgur : “Hey there, WFTO dev here. Check out some of the WFTO Wednesday posts over on our website, they should give you some insight into some ...” on Will You Dig The War For The Overworld Trailer?
- abandonhope : “This. I backed on Kickstarter and have yet to touch the alpha for more than a few minutes. It's far from done and I want ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update