This wonderful 1958 video, in addition making me wish there was a game that used that art style, reminded me of the idea of “futures lost” within gaming. A few years ago I wrote an article for The Escapist that grazed that issue, without ever capturing it. Consequently I was inspired to update and modify the piece for RPS. Read on, and then perhaps share some of your own thoughts on the subjects of both the games that educated you, and the games that gave you hopes for the future.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘hired guns’
By Jim Rossignol on March 18th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- Midwinter : “Both grenades prominently feature the pin - the flag stick in golf. I think that about wraps it up!” on The Flare Path: Parleys With A Warlord
- iridescence : “Well that's fine. There are plenty of those games out there for you to play now. Personally I prefer the much more tactical and thoughtful ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- iridescence : “I think Morrowind was an interesting experiment in trying to model a dice-based system in a first person environment. The newer Elder Scrolls games have ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Thurgret : “Thanks. I'll give it a look.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- RProxyOnly : “Oh? Are you offering yourself to him??” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update