Someone is going to crack the open-world shooter, and when they do I’ll be there with the huggiest hug of all hugs. With Firefall and Planetside 2 already out (ish), and Defiance coming, it feels like there’s a movement. The problems that have kept these kinds of games from proliferating will now have three development teams trying to fix them. But what game to choose? This PvP specific Defiance developer diary makes a good case for giving it some attention. Quad bikes and meaty shooty-bangs are all well represented, even if the word ‘console’ is liberally tossed about.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘hugs’
By Craig Pearson on October 18th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- strangeloup : “It looks less like Morrowind to me and more like a cross between Daggerfall (but with decent graphics) and Gothic 1/2. Which basically means that ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Eater Of Cheese : “'Standout' Game Dev Tycoon... Really? Hmm. It seems to be essentially a clone of Game Dev Story, with some modded mechanics. Their piracy issues, while ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- JackShandy : “If you keep going down that road you can argue that typing tutors give you choices with 26 options and only one right answer. It's ...” on Telltale On ‘Weird’ Experiments, Revisiting Comedy
- cowardly : “Yes, that was painful to read...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- Lobotomist : “Seems that developing MMO nowdays is recipe for instant doom. Trion is possibly most professional in both execution and content, among all contenders to MMO ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs