It is not every day that one gets to write about space chickens. But today RPS has scrambled me, Dame Cara of Ellison, to inform you that the lovely space avians at Sumom Games have served their eggchick Humans Must Answer up on a platter for us to have a morsel of. It features Colonel Ram and Professor Bez (pictured) as your guiding companions aboard the shooty-ship The Golden Eagle.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Humans Must Answer’
By Cara Ellison on March 18th, 2013.
By Adam Smith on November 5th, 2012.
When GSC Game World ceased to be and Stalkers across the world wept in anguish, Denis Matveenko and Eugeny Yatsuk left their positions at the company and set off into the indiezone to develop an open world survival-based RPG. Or at least that’s what they would have done if they were following the script that the Lords of Gaming had written for them. Instead, they’re making Humans Must Answer, a side-scrolling shooter starring a bunch of space-faring chickens at war with the human race. It’s an attractive beast and the latest video explains the tactical choices faced by a poultry pilot.
By Nathan Grayson on October 19th, 2012.
Was my decision to write this story influenced strongly by the fact that I’d get to include the phrase “space chickens” in a headline? Future scholars will argue over the answer to that very question for generations, and they’ll be wasting their time because duh. But
eggstraterrestrials galaxy-faring coop-flyers are – believe it or not – only part of what makes Humans Must Answer intriguing. The other half of that equation, then, is the oh-so-silly shmup’s pedigree. Developer Sumom Games, you see, rose from STALKER 2′s irradiated ashes when GSC Game World ceased to be. So now the team’s making shmups starring “intelligent and dangerous chickens,” naturally. Apparently, though, the storyline – which sees said chickens encounter hostile humans – is “subtle and surprising.” I honestly can’t tell if they’re joking.
Respond to our gibber
- gschmidl : “Yes, it's still the same, including a lack of punctuation on all dialogue. It's just sloppy and lazy all over. On the other hand, being ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- roselynne : “This is more great than one I know in some game sites.. I hope izombiegames.com will have the same ideas.” on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery Headed For PC
- Moraven : “Taking all the cards equal or better than what is expected in the Xbone and PS4. 20.19% is the total % from all the cards ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- roselynne : “This game means a lot to me, this is in fact one of my favorite and even reminds me of the times that I am ...” on Mulling Mode 7 Man’s Management-Centric Maia
- roselynne : “this is great.” on Mulling Mode 7 Man’s Management-Centric Maia