I’ve been taking a look at some of the games in the 17th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition and though I’m not going to refer to these as “the cream of the crop”, having not harvested the entire crop yet, they should fulfill a variety of your text-based needs. With storytelling in games high on the agenda today, it’s a particularly interesting moment to look at the different ways narrative can be explored through interactive prose. Far from fetch quests and attempts to second-guess a limited vocabulary, interactive fiction at its best can allow a reader-player to discover stories in all kinds of interesting ways. This way to words about words.
Posts Tagged ‘ifcomp’
By Adam Smith on October 5th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- oWn4g3 : “Wait for the DLC!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Prolar Bear : “Not bad...needs more exotic circuits with dinosaurs and UFOs though. Not sure if Eastern Europe would be an ideal climate for those.” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- Prolar Bear : “I've been replaying NFS Porsche recently and it has held very well, it's quite unique and atmospheric. It's a game clearly made with passion. Also ...” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- HadToLogin : “They were first popular FPS with that stuff, and when numbers of sold console copies went out "everyone" started to use it. And no, even ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- SwENSkE : “Does any MMO apart from WOW still operate with just subs? Sure, EVE Online for example. And it does pretty well.” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August