I somehow missed the announcement of this, but Intel’s great big Level Up 2010 Game Demo Challenge – which is dripping with tasty prizes through a bunch of categories, for both students and you mature developer types – has announced the line up of judges. They are Chris Avellone, Vic Davis (yay!), Todd Hollenshead, Todd Howard, Rod Humble, Raph Koster, Rick Raymo, Bill Roper, Tim Schafer, Adam Sessler, and Jeff Vogel. A handsome and talented crowd, I think you will agree. And… I’ve just noticed today is the last day to submit stuff. Got a concept? Get over there!
Posts Tagged ‘Intel Level Up 2010’
By Jim Rossignol on June 21st, 2010.
By Jim Rossignol on March 16th, 2010.
The Intel Troll (pictured) dropped us a line to announce their new Level Up competition, and it’s looking fairly shiny. There’s a couple of tiers to the competition, with pros/hobbyists and students judged separately. The lowdown is that the grand prize for professional/hobbyist level entries is an all-expense paid trip to the Tokyo Game Show. The prize for the student-level competition is a pass to GDC San Francisco 2011, as well as marketing support for their game from Intel and “a marketing firm”. There are also “Best Game For Desktop, Laptop, and Netbook” categories, each with their own $5000-plus-big-fat-PC prizes, and more for “judges choice” awards. Thousands of dollars worth of stuff, basically. So that’s probably worth looking into if you’re in the game-making business. Details on how to get in on it below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Fanbuoy : “Agreed. Staring eyes tag?” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- sh0v0r : “I'm Australian ;)” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- Xorkrik : “Xbone theme song: http://www.youtu~” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- nil : “Fewer wallabies, more sheep.” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon
- DrScuttles : “It's a squinting Canadian from South Park to my eyes.” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC