For the last couple of years Intel have been sponsoring a game design competition called Level Up, and it’s returning in 2012 – although it is branded “2011″ for some reason – with the promise of a $10,000 prize for the winner along with “an opportunity” to get on Steam. The idea is simple: submit a game demo, and potentially win big. The basic rule of thumb is: submit Windows executable demo, and you could be a contender for any number of winner categories. The deadline for submitting is March 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM (U.S. Pacific Time). Admittedly, that basically means those of your who are already working on something are probably the only people in with a chance, but it’s worth a punt for your part-finished game. You can check out past winners of the competition here. The main page for the 2012 event is here, and the rules for entering are here.
Posts Tagged ‘Intel Level Up 2012’
By Jim Rossignol on February 4th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Ninja Foodstuff : “It's gone from the Mac App Store, and from their own site.” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- Rovac : “Oh cmon now, at least they dont fire people regularly or eat puppies” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- HadToLogin : “Would write something about "main platform" and "release later" doesn't really look good together, but I have to go back to my exams.” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- kororas : “I still have access to my NWN 2 Gold edition.” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- Arithon : “That;s an issue. AC3 "Looks phenomenal", but its not much of game. It goes like this:- Long scripted animation, pause, another long scripted animation, run ...” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles