Are games art? Can we authentically depict emotion in a virtual space? What is the meaning of Tetris? Can we read authenticity into the actions of Master Chief? If a tree falls in a forest and no one’s around to hear it, is it the Citizen Kane of games? Intrusion 2 attempts to answer precisely none of these important questions. Instead, it’s a Metal-Slug-esque sidescroller, but with gorgeous physics-based animations and an oddly understated love of over-the-top insanity. Like, sure, there’s prominent trailer time given to dire wolf lightning gun jousting, but it’s all so gloriously matter-of-fact. Also featured: grappling robots, chimeras with swords for tails, and a giant mech snacking on a steel bridge like it’s corn on the very brittlest of cobs. There’s an old demo on the game’s website if you’re interested, but it hardly even gazes into the abyss of gleeful absurdity the new trailer so thoroughly plumbs. Find it after the break.
Posts Tagged ‘Intrusion 2’
By Nathan Grayson on April 20th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- AL13N : “Graphics look amazing! I have been wanting a Heavy Gear game for ever.” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- Abendlaender : “That armored dog looks so happy :D” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Wisq : “But I do think at this point it's reasonable to argue that LCDs are inherently better than CRTs, overall.” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- ResonanceCascade : “Collie of Doody: Muttern Warefur.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Flammablezeus : “Well let's just hope that EA keeps its priorities straight by not forcing our characters to be.” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday