All that movement chatter brought to light that classic Quake 3 mod Urban Terror is now Urban Terror HD. It seems that the game, which I believe has been a kind of standalone mod for a couple of years now, thanks to ioquake3, will become a standalone Quake 3-licencee in its own right. It will however remain free-to-play and is going to continue to develop as a free shooter support Windows, Mac and Linux variants. Good news, I think, as this is a minor manshoot classic. The installers are over here.
Posts Tagged ‘ioquake3’
By Jim Rossignol on November 30th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- LionsPhil : “Even then, C&C of old used to cover a nice middle-ground, not quite as slow as the TA lineage, nowhere near as much of a ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Runs With Foxes : “Have you played many MMOs? Because even if you don't find them very interesting (and I don't think most themepark MMOs are very interesting either ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Triplanetary : “@Magnusm1 What's your point, exactly? People have legitimate reasons to like MOBAs and legitimate reasons to dislike them. Implying that Cinek's just jumping on some ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Bent Wooden Spoon : “For your edit: I'm not single, and I don't tend to work for money any more. Anyway, I'm far knackered and as pointed out below ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Viroso : “Well, that sounds like too much weight put on a few indie devs. They aren't the only people who find out about games, or talk ...” on The Sunday Papers