When games get more complex, the notion of balance disappears over the horizon. Swallowed in a writing sea of stats and players, while the developers struggle to keep their ship afloat. Then scurvy comes along and they’re eventually eaten by a whale! Hmm, that analogy got out of hand. Ironfell, a (deep breath) one-man made free MMO strategy game has an interesting idea about balance: it says “phooey”, and hands out resources according to how much you play. The more you’re there, the more you get to help your attempt at world domination. Not a gold-farmer? You can just buy some.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Ironfell’
By Craig Pearson on January 17th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- analydilatedcorporatestyle : “I bet Sony and Microsfoft 'ask' them(and other AAA's) to delay the PC releases.” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- Mister_Inveigler : “Unless you buy it from Amazon.co.uk, where the price is £26.99 and you have until release date to cancel if you want. I do understand ...” on Company Of Heroes 2 Open Beta Got A Teeny Bit Longer
- fiendling : “I live in South Africa and, fortunately, our physical DVD game copies are still remarkably cheap. My Company of Heroes 2 pre-order only cost me ...” on Company Of Heroes 2 Open Beta Got A Teeny Bit Longer
- SuicideKing : “Well, i posted the steam thingy last night (or was it today morning?) on the sounddogger post, and someone else below that posted about Microshit's ...” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- MasterDex : “You'd be wrong. Co-op was in the original.” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold