Hey, everyone, please join in with the rest of the internet and laugh at ITV. They’ve only gone and made a documentary about Gadaffi’s links with the IRA, and then used footage from Arma II to illustrate it. “IRA Film 1988″ it says over a dodgy Frapsing of Arma II. No, they actually did that. Presumably, as PCG points out, because of this dodgy YouTube video. You can watch the clip in question below. (This spectacular stupidity was originally discovered by the BI Forums.)
Posts Tagged ‘itv’
By Jim Rossignol on September 27th, 2011.
By Alec Meer on September 25th, 2009.
If you’re a fellow Britisher, you may have caught a staggeringly unpleasant, one-sided and sensationalist half-hour of fact-free garbage on ITV earlier tonight. It’s about videogames and addiction, and because a handful of young people they document demonstrate significant emotional or social problems and play videogames a lot, this of course means games are monstrously addictive with tragic long-term consequences. It couldn’t possibly be that they play videogames for too long and too intensely because of their other problems or circumstances, could it? NO NO NO DON’T TALK SENSE.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- SwENSkE : “@ Incision I'd say he hit the nail quite perfectly.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Emeraude : “Copyright is the default state. Copyright - authorial rights - didn't exist before being enforced by States. They're an artificial market distortion. By definition it ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Grape Flavor : “I respect your idealism but I don't agree with it. People don't object to viewpoints like yours because they think there's something wrong with free ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- bstard : “Sounds like a good trade-off to me. In practice, hackers are always a step ahead. This social control will catch the excessive cheaters before the ...” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- SkittleDiddler : “Whadya mean? The people at Valve are always working on important projects. Like trading cards. Or sweat detectors. Or cross-marketed hats. Or cleaning Gaben's buttcrack.” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching