Yesterday I had a chance to catch up with Deus Ex: Human Revolution lead, Jean-François Dugas, and to chat about the state of things now that the game has been released. Read on for what he had to say about the “disappointment” of the boss battles, the way in which the ending of the game did not match the original plan, and the delight the team felt in having managed to create this formidable game as their first project.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Jean-François Dugas’
By Jim Rossignol on September 23rd, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on September 13th, 2010.
Staying calm the face of a new Deus Ex game is tricky. Quintin came back from GamesCom making excited chirping noises, but there’s so much at stake. We must remain steady until we’re certain. We’ll play it and then, only then, we’ll decide whether to get to explode in a ticker-tape parade of giddiness. Of course, this steely focus didn’t stop me getting in touch with the lead designer, Jean-François Dugas, and seeing what he had to say about the game. Fortunately for us he said many things, including revealing the link with Rainbow Six: Vegas, and explaining that most of the game could be played through without killing anyone. Also, most significantly, we can exclusively reveal that there are no greasels in Human Revolution.
Read the full conversation below.
Respond to our gibber
- soco : “Thanks, that is a ton of good info. I think I'll probably pick up the DLCs that MrLebanon listed if I can grab them as ...” on Pagan Prose: Crusader Kings II – The Old Gods
- Sinomatic : “Orcs has an 'apprentice' level (before warmage and nightmare). It shouldn't be all that hard. If you're getting stuck, I'd recommend a quick look on ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- tormos : “hubris (the primary tragic flaw of the protagonists of greek myths) could be partially covered by ambition. More precisely, it's self confidence so great that ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases
- cpt_freakout : “OMYDOG THIS IS GOOD Seriously now, if those dogs don't have jetpacks and turrets mounted on their hips I'm not seeing how this is worthy ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Sassenach : “IF THE ONE YOU'RE REALLY ON SINKS TOO, THE SIMULATION WILL NEED TO BE TONED DOWN.” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator