Courtesy of Byteside, we have Gabe Newell’s speech to the gathered Australian gamers when he met modder Joe W-A yesterday posted below. Newell talks about the importance of the PC gaming community to the creativity of the industry. We also get to hear from the modder himself, the chap behind flying Gabe and Erik to Australia in the first place, who seems kind of dumbfounded by the entire thing. A Q&A and some interviews follow. Congratulations to everyone involved, it’s been very funny, and good for charity too.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘joe w-a’
By Jim Rossignol on October 7th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Claidheamh : “I'm not entirely convinced Hawken should qualify as a mech game, despite the fact that you're supposed to be in one. It plays a lot ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Paul : “Thanks guys, just bought crysis 3 and it was 12 pounds. Acceptable price.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Liudeius : “Not really. I just did the tutorials to evaluate them (I learned to play without tutorials or tutorial videos before they even existed), and those ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- Rudel : “Me too :D” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- golem09 : “google borderlinx. It's free.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision