Planetary Annihilation was undoubtedly one of the strongest Kickstarter projects to have appeared since Double Fine set off the goldrush. A stellar pitch, a cap doff to Total Annihilation, and the tech lead from Supreme Commander pouring all of his ambitions into it: few games can boast anything like this, and consequently this game threatens seismic effects in the RTS genre. The man making that happen is Jon Mavor, and I thought it well overdue for us to catch up with what he was up to, and why he is making one of the most exciting games of 2013.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Jon Mavor’
By Jim Rossignol on January 25th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- porps : “sounds liketheres a few interesting ideas in this game. I like MOBA games, but i swore after sim city never to play an ea game ...” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- Bhazor : “One interesting thing that came out of the Sim City cluster fuck was the realisation of just how little net income they actually have. They ...” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- Noburu : “You sir have the best comments. Many are better reads than RPS stories!” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- Lagwolf : “I thought all you had to do was go to Tesco and get their spicy beef to get "spicy horse"?” on Off To Eat Some Innards: American McGee’s OZombies
- KDR_11k : “Come on, the majority of mech games these days play like a regular FPS/TPS with a dash button.” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena