Jonatan ‘Cactus‘ Soderstrom is one of the most prolific and interesting indie developers currently working. During the IGF judging sessions I was fortunate enough to play an early version of Mondo Nation, the compilation of Cactus’ series of bizarre, unsettling FPS puzzle games. These games are, I would suggest, about as close as videogames have come to the weirder elements of a David Lynch production. Cactus cites Mr Lynch, along with plenty of other esoteric influences, in the interview below. If you want to set the scene for yourself, and get a little flavour of Cactus’ mad humour, then perhaps you should play some of his games before reading onwards. Mondo Agency, Psychosomnium, or SeizureDome are all good places to start.
Posts Tagged ‘jonatan soderstrom’
By Jim Rossignol on February 11th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Cinek : “They can't just use mods and sell the game with them pre-installed. It's illegal.” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- kstdfewawgd : “Brilliant. There is indeed more truth in this mock interview than the original one. http://www.youtu~” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- razgon : “Sadly, I'm done with this series as well - Loved the first 3 but then it went rapidly downhill, so I'm not that disappointed.” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- Diving Duck : “It is great to see a developer making an effort with their port - really refreshing. Good on ya Hello Games. Just don't over price ...” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover
- kstdfewawgd : “I’m proud to have supported Mr. Francis. He seems like a pretty cool dude. http://steamcomm~” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice