Jay Kyburz makes ludicrously compelling browser strategy games, and he’s just beta-testing another one now. It’s called Jupiter’s Folly. I had a chat with him about that, which you can read below. He used to work at Irrational, and actually worked on XCOM for a bit. I asked him about that, too. His answer has something to do with Warhammer 40′s second edition.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Jupiter’s Folly’
By Jim Rossignol on September 6th, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on August 31st, 2011.
Iron Helmet (they of superb multiplayer web-strategies Neptune’s Pride and Blight Of The Immortals) send word that they have a new game out! It’s called Jupiter’s Folly, and well, I’ll let Jay explain: “It’s kind of like Neptune’s Pride and kind of like Blight of the Immortals but to make things a bit different we’ve added some card game mechanics. Everything you can do in the game is represented by a card. If you want more troops you play a card, if you want to call in an orbital strike, that’s a card too. The object of the game is to be the first to mine 5000 tons of “Crystal”. It’s a race. You build mines around the map and then have to protect them from the other players.”
Respond to our gibber
- pac0master : “Woops ....” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “My fault. i broke some part of the bow by accident in the video. The new model i will release later on will not.” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “I would like to thanks RPS for the nice review of my Game. You helped us so much, tons of people come and donated over ...” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “The ship will sink faster and will create debris and some kind of air bubble as it sink. :3” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Panda Powered : “Don't forget fish moving away as you swim near them! That requires transistors and at least several shader techniques not existing in current hardware.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery