There’s a small part of every ex-PCGer that wants to be Tim Stone. His life must be wonderful: there’s a bounty of games made just for him, and his writing toolbox is packed with punnage. He was, and still is, a secret weapon: perfect pages delivered on time. If you want to be a games writer, study his work. He’s makes me want to play the games he writes about, even though I rattle off most of them and sprint back to the comfort of my less-complicated shooty things. There are a few crossovers in our tastes, though: I once got hooked on a bus driving sim (and I was half pretending to be a bus driver, and half pretending to be Tim), and top-down tactical SWAT game Door Kickers looks rather splendid, too.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘KillHouse Games’
By Craig Pearson on May 20th, 2013.
By Tim Stone on March 22nd, 2013.
The Flare Path kill house is not like other kill houses. Footwear must be removed at the front door. All offers of tea or coffee politely accepted. No-one is allowed to exit the hall without yelling “C-o-m-i-n-g, ready or not!”. Those that pass the cat without a) stroking him or b) complimenting him on his “wuvly fluffiness” can expect to be taken to one side by an instructor. Obviously, flashbanging the granny annex between 12.15 and 13.00 (Bargain Hunt) and 14.00 and 15.00 (Bergerac) is strictly forbidden, and anyone caught sniggering at the mantelpiece photo of Tim (the one where he’s wearing the knitted swimming trunks) will be instantly evicted. Read the rest of this entry »
By Tim Stone on February 8th, 2013.
Found the camouflaged pillbox in Proteus yet? Or the crashed G4M Betty? No, me neither. I’m starting to think that white owl is a wind-up merchant. From now on I’m only going to trust the crabs. I know they’re honest because they’re the ones who pincer-pointed me in the direction of a staggeringly beautiful Mars mod for Vehicle Simulator, a blue-chip flight model overhaul for Take On Helicopters, and a rather unexpected demo for HPS Simulations’ Ancient Warfare series.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- S Jay : “It has? Man, I am always the last one to know... maybe it is not available in all regions?” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Psyke : “No, I don't think they ruined it. They may have a role in this, but Arenanet certainly isn't free from blame. GW2 is "flawed" from ...” on A Pair Of Wild(star) Videos Appear
- Brun : “I don't think it's inherently incompatible, but technology has created difficult questions such as "at what point does sharing become a public performance?"” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Oranje : “"...the natural, beautiful human desire to share..." vs. "At which point he bursts into tears, distraught that he no longer has the toy." Maybe this ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- S Jay : “"Some developers will allow you to give Steam codes to friends, to share the game" Really? Wow! This is awesome. Which ones?” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature