With news of worlds colliding over at the L4D blog, we learn that The Passing is out “next week”. Time for those mysteries to give themselves us. And time to dust off those zombie-whacking skills. Thwotch!
Posts Tagged ‘l4d2’
By Jim Rossignol on April 17th, 2010.
By John Walker on October 1st, 2009.
It’s official – Gabe Newell is heading for Australia. If you missed the story of how 19 year old L4D modder Joe W-A ended up raising $3000 (US) to fly Gabe Newell and Erik Johnson out to see his L4D map in order to convince Newell to stop boycotting it… Er, you need to go read this and this. Now Valve have confirmed that they’ll be heading to Oz next week, and less official sources are stating that of course they’re paying their own way so the money goes straight to charity.
By John Walker on September 11th, 2009.
The Boycott Left 4 Dead 2 campaign has taken some very strange turns in the last few days. You may well have heard the remarkable story of Valve flying two of the campaign’s figureheads to visit their Seattle HQ last week. Walking_Target and Agent of Chaos were flown to the developers and shown the game running, as well as given behind-the-scenes access to the continuing development of the original L4D. And it seems to have made a difference. You can read their reaction to the trip here (and of course the furious reaction of others). Then the story gets more strange.
By John Walker on July 23rd, 2009.
This week’s Comic Con sees Valve revealing new sections of Left 4 Dead 2 to the public. We’ve already seen the daytime levels set in New Orleans for The Parish campaign. Now comes Swamp Fever, with its misty, boggy setting, putting at ease those who were afraid the game wouldn’t be dark enough. This will reveal the new Boss Infected, The Spitter. We’re told, “The female Spitter has an area attack that can split up Survivors or flush them out of their hiding spots.” They’ll also show the new uncommon Infected, the Mudman (seen below), along with the cricket bat, AK47, and grenade launcher. So if you’re there, go play it! New images of the game are below.
Respond to our gibber
- JKjoker : “pff, afterthought, they were aiming for the e-sports bandwagon why would i believe they will give two flying craps about singleplayer ?” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Apocalypse : “Hmm, advising to prepare to cheat the IRS later? Is this already illegal, or only if you do cheat them later? ;-)” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Apocalypse : “Credit card charge backs are your friend in such cases.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- meepmeep : “Don't complain too much - I've just been to the last wedding of all my friends, and after years of complaining about having to go ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Drakedude : “Like Microsoft being burnt at the stake and Google Glasses being heaped on the bonfire?” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year