The other 1c game that turned up on our gam-o-scopes this week is this rather handsome-looking medieval turn-based strategy game, Empire: Time of Troubles. It comes with the most sedate and unhurried trailer I think I’ve ever seen (posted below) and seems to include a promising-looking 3D campaign map and a whole lot of menus, currently rendered mysterious (to me at least) by their encryption in cyrillic. The game apparently covers the period of 1350-1650AD in Poland, Lithuania and Russia, where dudes get chopped and stuff gets plague and is buried. You take charge one of the twenty six different factions involved in the region and attempt to lead them to victory. Expect micro-management, beards.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Lesta Studio’
By Jim Rossignol on May 13th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Mo6eB : “Other countries? You mean the unexplored territory where the savages live? Those are not countries, those are yet-uncivilised areas of the globe. USA is the ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- nrvsNRG : “yep, open betas have basically become another marketing tool.” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta
- Chaz : “http://www.youtu~” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Chaz : “Why does the inclusion of multiplayer almost always boil down to shooting other folks? Surely this game would have been ripe for some sort of ...” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- nickclarkson : “I concur. I know it's beta (but then isn't everything these days?) but it's soooo bad. I'm no graphics whore, but there's no denying it's ...” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta