I still don’t quite know if Sniper Elite V2 is as open and as stealthy as I’d like it to be. My hope is that it’s a bit like Hidden And Dangerous, just sniper-centric, but then I wake up every morning hoping for that game. This new walkthrough video shows one mission, trying to get an angle to snipe Müller, sliced into tiny chunks, so we’re left with little glimpses through the sniper’s scope rather than a complete picture. I want to know the choices made, the potential for the player to tell his own snipey story, but there’s not enough here. There’s some talk of recreating the places accurately, so it could be there’s enough open space to move around in, but until I know ‘ja’ or ‘nein’, I’m remaining snootily interested. I’ll have to wait for Brendan’s upcoming hands-on to know more.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Let’s Kill Hitler’
By Craig Pearson on March 21st, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- FrankHorrigan : “@DestroyYourEgo Wow, somebody's really mad, huh? Enjoy your shallow Bethesda games, we'll enjoy writing, world-building, and game design that's actually done competently.” on And Here’s Obsidian’s Idea For Fallout: New Vegas 2
- lomaxgnome : “Unlike the previous version of that D&D pack, you can't remove a few games and still get a big discount, it's either buy the whole ...” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- Leb : “Agreed! An hour a night isn't cutting it” on Masters Of A Pirate World: Caribbean!
- RProxyOnly : “A typical case of the industry feeding you crap, and you all lining up at the dinner table. Really? A video game dog, and you ...” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- Caiman : “This whole "broaden the appeal to a wider audience" bullshit needs to stop. They don't make chocolates taste like vegetables, chicken, beef, and beer all-in-one ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough