I’m not sure where indie developers are getting their temerity from, but 2Dawn’s Ravaged is slotting into the space that Hawken occupies: ridiculously attractive online shooters that look like they’ve been made on a massive budget. Ravaged has touches of a post-apocalyptic Battlefield to it: vehicular combat across really big maps. From the ground to the sky, there’s a lot to admire: the vehicle handling looks fun and complex, and I want to fire those guns right now. I also like a developer willing to keep a Steam Friends notification in their video. It’s a moment that speaks to the gamer in all of us.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Liberty’
By Craig Pearson on February 14th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- chinook : “I'll just leave this here http://en.wikipe~” on FEAR Perseus Mandate Demo
- shrewdlogarithm : “and the first thing I see in-game today is someone complaining that they've lost their CC collection ;)” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time
- quijote3000 : “Some people are just prudes” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- darkChozo : “A soft reset sidesteps the issue of stealing money from your customers - they keep their Zen, they lose whatever they bought with it but ...” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time
- strangeloup : “If it was a Cloak and Dagger tech theft, they probably would have got away with it but only if they stopped moving for a ...” on GameFace: Valve’s AR Goggles Surface Elsewhere