Lace Mamba have told Gbase that atmospheric-looking exploration game Lifeless Planet (which now looks increasingly un-lifeless, if you look at the trailer below) has been delayed until the second or third quarter of this year. The game, which features an astronaut discovering a Russian town on a distant planet, is one of the most intriguing Kickstarted games due to turn up this year, so hopefully the delay will prove to be worthwhile.
Posts Tagged ‘Lifeless Planet’
By Jim Rossignol on April 8th, 2013.
By John Walker on August 29th, 2012.
Last November we spotted an amazing-looking game being Kickstarted (before it was cool) called Lifeless Planet. Attempting to create a game with an Ico-vibe, the mysterious exploration of a planet managed to secure more than double its funding. And, predictable, hasn’t come out by the predicted release date on the project (now aiming for Winter). However, it’s going to be featured at the Kickstarter Arcade at this year’s PAX Prime, and there’s a new trailer now. Prepare for spooky and pretty.
By John Walker on September 21st, 2011.
There are a fair number of games where after playing them, in fact years after playing them, you tip your head back and scream at the sky, “WHY AREN’T THERE MORE GAMES LIKE THIS?!” Ico is definitely one of those for me. So I’m delighted to hear from David Board, an indie developer who is attempting to fill that particular gap. Lifeless Planet is an action adventure that focuses on the adventure, which appears to involve exploring. Oh thank goodness.
Respond to our gibber
- Drakedude : “Like Microsoft being burnt at the stake and Google Glasses being heaped on the bonfire?” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- Nogo : “I feel the same way, so I try and limit my usage of it, but it's really obnoxious that you can lose several hours of ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- The Random One : “"NO USER DETECTED. THE XBOX ONE™ IS NOT CONFIGURED TO BE OPERATED BY GHOSTS. PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE MATERIAL PLANE. THE VATICAN HAS BEEN ...” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- drvoke : “Bought SS0 for half off on steam. Beat the campaign in one sitting, about 3.5 hours. All that's left is score chasing, DLC, and mod ...” on Mods In Spaceeeee: Strike Suit Zero Steam Workshop
- The Random One : “Lewie says they're legit, but personally I refuse to perform business with any company whose official contact includes "just give it to Kyle".” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision