Tomorrow Corporation’s sinister digital fireplace, Little Inferno, arrived on Sunday, and I’ve been warming my hands by its cold light for the past couple of days. Here’s wot I think.
Posts Tagged ‘Little Inferno’
By Jim Rossignol on November 20th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on November 15th, 2012.
Tomorrow Corporation’s combustion-based game, Little Inferno, has released a launch trailer, which you can see below. It’s still not much clearer how the game works, but it appears to be a game of burning things, and then buying new things to be burned, with a bunch of side-effects from the things which are turned to ashes. If you are intrigued you can now buy access to the beta over here, or the game is out proper on the 18th. I’ll have some thoughts on it for you in a day or so.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Adam Smith on September 27th, 2012.
If I were Tomorrow Corporation, I would have released Little Inferno on Robert Burns Day, but that’s in January and the World of Goo creators’ new game is a launch title for the Wii U so it must come out earlier. That’s a good thing though because the PC release will be at the same time: November 18th. As the teaser trailer showed, it’s a game about burning things. All the things. Maybe it’ll be a little like Trash Panic or maybe it’ll be nothing like Trash Panic. It’ll almost certainly involve burning things. Little things. Also expect some sort of playing around with physics, fire physics, and, hopefully, a delightful soundtrack.
By Jim Rossignol on July 11th, 2012.
Tomorrow Corporation (Kyle “World Of Goo” Gabler, Allan “Worked At EA” Blomquist, Kyle “Henry Hatsworth” Gray) have released a trailer for their forthcoming game, Little Inferno. It tells of a world which is suffering a mysterious ice-age, and children who must burn toys to stay warm.
Yes, it’s a bit odd. See it below.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on June 29th, 2012.
The gentlemen of Tomorrow Corporation (Kyle “World Of Goo” Gabler, Allan “Worked At EA” Blomquist, Kyle “Henry Hatsworth” Gray) have announced their game will be called Little Inferno. Look, that’s the clever logo up there, where the i is a match, and there are fingers are holding the match. Could that be the player’s own fingers? Possibly, because the cryptic clues that TC have revealed about their new game is that it will be “strange”, that they are aiming for a Winter release, and that it’s about burning stuff. How do we know that last bit? Well, because they close their announcement with a series of questions, the last of which is this: “What would you most like to set on fire?”
Oh, now there’s a question.
Respond to our gibber
- guygodbois00 : “My thoughts exactly. +1 to that.” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- duffster : “It's a lot easier.” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- Silenus : “Not a single mention of the Silent Hunter series? Watching ships sink was both beautiful and horrifying. And the sound of the buckling metal giving ...” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- drinniol : “MOSES WOLFENSTEIN. Holy shit. He wins the internet forever.” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- Koshinator : “There's no actual spoilage to be had.. It's really just a few base mechanics at the moment. But what is there is definitely bringing back ...” on Will You Dig The War For The Overworld Trailer?