Google’s social world thinger, Lively, has gone live. It’s an environment-building 3D web browser thing of the “Second Life Lite” variety. I’ve not had time to have a good look at it, but judging by the sheer number of rooms being created by people the content tools must be fairly easy to use. It all seems a bit laggy though, so I guess the most popular rooms are getting battered by too much traffic. It also wants your Gmail login every 30 seconds, which is rather irritating. Still, let us know in the comments if you end up making something interesting from it.
Posts Tagged ‘lively’
By Jim Rossignol on July 9th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- PatrickSwayze : “Tried the demo, the guns AND the towers felt like they were doing no damage. Nothing reacted when it was shot by the player or ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- Utnac : “However, there are still some issues regarding the mobile version, especially for those who paid the £20 in order to get one. I don't see ...” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned
- Somerled : “A Westie? Doesn't matter, I'm just going to assume that's a little evil genius Westie. They all are.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- LordSloth : “They've already patched a change into the co-op resource model around the seventeenth. To quote a small section Major changes due to player feedback include: ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- malkav11 : “I die all the damn time and it's been enough to almost put me off the game, so I guarantee you cannot randomly mash buttons ...” on Guild Wars 1 Development To Be Halted, Automated