The lovely Hypnotoad and his friends at the equally lovely J-Server Super Hyper Rocket Go Luxury Awesome Team (usually tragically shortened to J-Server) took part in the weekend’s world-record breaking attempt at having 1000 people in an online shooter. If you missed out on Much Different’s Man Vs Machine event, they braved the unbalanced sides, and the usual torrent of sexualised slurs, to grab a few minutes of footage of the world-record: 999 people shooting each other on a single online server.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘man vs. machine’
By Craig Pearson on January 31st, 2012.
By Richard Cobbett on January 16th, 2012.
Want to help
market a company’s game server scaling technology set a world record for the simple fun of it? Man vs Machine will be taking place on January 29th, with the goal of bringing 1000 players and a hell of a lot of spider monsters into one epic hour long battle.
Trailer and more information about what to expect follows, just as long as our server hasn’t already joined the Machine side and decided to make this the first strike against humanity, in which case death, destruction and a lifetime of mining ore in the slave mines await.
Respond to our gibber
- Sic : “Why do you think Steam and GOG are even remotely similar?” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- Radiant : “Fuck this shitty game. PACMAN DX CE IS STILL IMPRISONED WITHIN EIGHT'S WALLS. FREE PACMAN.” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- Shooop : “Chances are very good Brett is going to be right too.” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- Bhazor : “America McGee in shit game shocker. Movie at 11.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- RProxyOnly : “Agreed, Ultra. @Phendron. If he's so much of an idiot that he locks himself into a contract which has basically sold his own name out ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter