The battle of Uncanny Valley is where CGI finally triumphed over reality: pixels stood proudly over humans showing off their parametrization maps and tone mapping that accurately depicted the imperfection of human skin and declared victory over reality. The first shot in the war fired when researcher Jorge Jimenez released this work on real-time realistic skin rendering, showing off the difference SSSS (Sexy Separable Subsurface Scattering – okay, I added that first ‘S’) makes.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘MANFACE’
By Craig Pearson on February 6th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- F3ck : “I enjoyed the last Alice game enough (which included the first game, but haven't gotten to play) about as much as I enjoyed the actual ...” on Off To Eat Some Innards: American McGee’s OZombies
- The Hairy Bear : “I actually dug out my password to disagree. There are definitely places like London on Board where people rock up and 'try' board games and ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- frakk3d : “I hate to be a spelling Nazi but no one else has so here goes: it's actually grisly not grizzly. The first means something horrific ...” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- Snids : “....” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Luckz : “As far as videogames go, that sounds like an astonishingly terrible one.” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter