There’s change afoot in the games industry, as a recent survey suggests the shift towards digital in full swing right now, with £330m coming in for downloads, compared to £450m at retail. First spotted over at MCV, market research firm Newzoo have revealed some of the results of their extensive survey of over 20,000 people across 12 countries, to find the latest in gaming market trends. And they’ve since sent us some exclusive glimpses of their findings. It turns out, there are gamers everywhere. Own up, are you one of them? Maybe someone you know is? Let’s put on our statisticians helmets, and dive into the data.
Posts Tagged ‘Market Research’
Respond to our gibber
- Reapy : “I want the bungie that made me Myth: The Fallen Lords back... pc & mac interoperability way back when, a truly awesome game. I was ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- Luringen : “Try watching these: http://forum.ker~” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- realitysconcierge : “Hey what's the most recent racing game worth a playthrough? I've got a racing itch.” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- bixbysnyder : “Possibly, but it definitely didn't occur to you that "man" and "sir" referred to the creator of the game, Garry Newman, and not the tax ...” on Garry’s Mod Earns $22m, Gives Most Of It To The Taxman
- DavidJerk : “Terrible name, terrible trailer, terrible website. That said, the game looks very interesting. It's what I wanted from Minecraft.” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive