The World In Conflict expansion, Soviet Assault, (possibly standalone, that’s not quite clear) is also the first outing of the game on the consoles. In this video Massive’s Martin Walfisz (who we recently interviewed) talks up the game, without actually revealing anything about the new features. These are reportedly voice-commands to summon reinforcements, and a new Soviet-faction single-player campaign. Anyway, there’s some great footage of the game in action, and if anyone hasn’t played it yet, the demo is here.
Posts Tagged ‘martin walfisz’
By Jim Rossignol on April 8th, 2008.
A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to talk to Massive Entertainment founder Martin Walfisz. He’s one of the key minds behind Ground Control and World In Conflict, and arguably one of the biggest influences on the modern RTS game. In this interview we discussed how the company was founded, the fate of Ground Control, how his company forged its future direction with the alternate-history World War III of World In Conflict, and how that game was inspired by FPS games such as Call Of Duty. Also present was VP David Polfeldt, who joined Massive in 1995, but in the end he didn’t say anything.
Ground Control, as I’ve discussed elsewhere, was one of the most important games to me as a gamer. The impression I got from this interview was that the minimalist design found in that game was still the most important example of what Walfisz wanted to create, even with the blockbusting World In Conflict under his belt. Would the team return to the series? It’d be a tough call…
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- SwENSkE : “Personal Computer software has always been a thing you install from disks, discs, or downloaded online installers. Personal Computer software has always come with copy ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- TechnicalBen : “Late to the party. But that is not the definition of freedom. Granted, freedom of choice is absolute (we can choose anything). We do not ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- m_a_t : “Here's an idea (yeah, I know: I stole that line). Recently, I read an interview of the musician Phil Anselmo who reported how his whole ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- AngoraFish : “I only got so far as "James Burke’s Connections" and rushed off to buy the game.” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- bstard : “Sharing the same feeling. I love the ancient history and wierd games the dont walk the paved path. Added to my Must have when the ...” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release